As always, we want to thank you for allowing us to serve your children today. We ask you to help us and the other families by complying with a few health guidelines. Your child should not be left in the care of Southside Baptist Church Children’s Ministry or Nursery if they have or have had any of the following within the past 48 hours:
- FEVER: A fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher within the past 48 hours
- RASH: An unidentified or contagious rash (excluding diaper rash)
- NASAL DRAINAGE: Discharge must be clear before child can be dropped off
- SORE THROAT/COUGH: Child should not attend with a sore throat, croup or persistent coughing
- VOMITING/DIARRHEA: Diarrhea, loose stools, or vomiting, currently or within the last 48 hours
- PINK EYE/EYE INFECTION: Attend only after 24 hours of antibiotics, no matting or drainage occurs, and the child is no longer rubbing the eye.
- Head lice, pinworms, ringworm, impetigo, etc.
- Any symptom that they usually stay home from school with
- Childhood illness or virus such as chicken pox, fifth disease, measles, mumps, flu, etc.
- Any other communicable diseases not listed
Nursery and Children’s Ministry staff are not permitted to administer any medication (OTC or prescribed) to your child. We are sorry if this presents a scheduling issue for your child and are happy to have you come to the classroom to treat them. We also would ask that you not leave any medications in the classroom with your child or in your child’s bag. The only exception to this is that you may leave asthma related rescue inhalers (properly labeled and prescribed), or EpiPen for children with life threatening allergies. Please notify the Children’s Minister, nursery staff, and/or classroom teacher that you have done so.
The Children’s Ministry staff reserves the right to ask you to keep your child in the service if they are acting/appear ill or unable to appropriately participate due to illness.
For the safety and security of your child, all children, birth through fifth grade, are required to be checked-in using our digital check-in system. Check-in must be completed by a parent/guardian and then escorted to their classroom. A name tag identifying class, allergies, and today’s date/time must be affixed to the child in a visible location (nursery children should be applied to the back) before they will be allowed in the classroom or nursery.
Parent/guardian must be on campus while child is in the care of SBC Children’s Ministry.
Pick-up tags are provided to each parent and must be presented to the staff member or designated volunteer at the time of pick-up. Security code on the child must match the pick-up tag. You must be 18 years of age or older and have the pick-up tag before a child will be released.